Outdoors, Travel Log, Writing

Trip Log, day 5 & 6 ; Pinery Provincial Park

Day 5

Last night we had another thunderstorm. Came in around 1am and laster for a couple of hours. It was fierce. Lots of thunder and lightning, and intense rain. I got up at when the thunder got louder, and went outside to see if anything needed to be sheltered. A few things like camp chairs, firewood and some clothes were still outside and got moved to shelter. The bikes were locked to a tree, and didn’t bother moving them. One rain storm won’t hurt them.

The temp forecast was about 13 deg which made it comfortable to sleep in and the morning is still cool. First priority is to boil some water for tea. While that’s happening, second priority is to make a fire.

Ten minutes later, there’s few things better than enjoying a warm cup of tea by a warm fire.


Surprising few mosquitoes out at this campground. There have been a few, but the majority of flying insects consists of household flies.

Packed a lunch and headed to the beach one again. It’s a little overcast but we’re hoping it clears. The sun peaks out from behind the clouds from time to time. I biked there… man am I out of shape. I felt those 5.5km.

Got a bit of sun and my back is a little red now, but it’s not too bad.Proof-IMG_7080

On the way back I stopped at the visitor center to use their Wi-Fi to try to try and solve the issue I’ve been having with the mysql server on my vps. This has been going on for almost a week now and “fixed” several times by their tech support. They are still looking into it.

A nice generous piece of cow grilled over an open fire made for a wonderful dinner and completes a great day.

Day 6 Friday

After a late wake up of about 8am, another morning started with a fire, warm tea and this time a bowl of yogurt with nuts. Lovely.

Feeding the fire all morning to get firewood burnt plus didn’t feel like going anywhere. Stayed in PJs until 11ish, though didn’t meditate. The neighbors were around quite a bit and it was more fun chatting then meditating.

Around noon we started taking down our camp site and prepare ourselves for the move to our next destination.

Said goodbye to Peter, Louise and Danny and left the Pinery Provincial Park at 13:30.

Grabbed some lunch in Grand Bend and a fish and chip place. Food was not too bad, but my steak sandwich left me wanting more food.

On the drive towards London, E commented that she wanted a little girl on the site next to us so she could play with her. ‘Wishful thinking’ I thought.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *